Advertise on Portland Picks
Portland Picks employs an editorial writing staff whose "Picks" are completely unsolicited. We are a small, local, woman-owned business (see our "About Us" page), with all the expenses of a newspaper--just without the paper! In order to keep Portland Picks publishing, and ensure that it is free to our subcribers and to those who visit our website, we do offer ad placements. Our rates are extremely competitive and we pride ourselves on providing excellent results for local businesses. Our goal is to bring the best the city has to offer to our subscribers in a fun, engaging format, and they love us for it! As an advertiser, we hope you will too.
We provide an effective, affordable advertising venue for reaching our readers at a fraction of the price of other local media... with amazing results!
Advertising in the Picks is an unbeatable way to reach a highly targeted market of savvy and responsive local female shoppers. We accept first-time paid placements if you request coverage and your business, product or service is a good fit for the Picks. If we find you on our own (e.g. a writer visits your place of business, we include it in the Picks, and you have such a good response that you want to be featured again), our policy is one free placement, then paid. We will write your ad for you in our signature style based on the information you provide.
By placing your ad in the Picks, we are truly endorsing your business. We support our advertisers 100% and give them the same respect and enthusiasm as the businesses we include in our editorial.
- Fast Facts
- Approxiately 25,000 subscribers to the email publication.
- Readers are 24-55 years of age, with an annual household income of $85K.
- 85% have hair/salon services more than twice monthly. 80% dine out more than twice monthly. 75% shop for clothing and cosmetics monthly. 70% own homes, enjoy spa services at least 4 times per year, and are interested in health and nutrition.
- We have a personal relationship with Portland Picks readers. They believe and care about what they read and what we recommend, and plan their weekends around what's listed in each Friday's issue. (Feel free to request fan mail and endorsements.)
- The Website receives approximately 15,000 unique visits per month.
- Added Value
- Your ad will be stored in our Website's archived issues. These get picked up by the search engines helping others find your product. See this example: search for "Velveteria" on Google.com
- The Power of Portland Picks
- Advertising on Portland Picks = results! See what happens to your Website's Hits stats!
Portland Picks Ad Rates:
- Hip Happenings, $250 (event notices: sale/grand opening/fashion show/etc.) These include a max 55-word intro, 1 JPG image and a what/when/where/call/url address in the listing.
- Chick Picks, $350 (individual products, websites, e-stores) Two paragraphs (80 words max) and 1 JPG image.
- Item/Event/Cocktail of the Week, $400 (a bold, mid-page ad that really stands out; perfect for showcasing a single product, a service, or online shopping site.) These include a max 70-word description, plus 1 large* JPG image.
- Picks, $500 (top-of-page write-ups) These include 3 paragraphs (175 words max) and 2 JPG images. Designed to showcase brick-and-mortar businesses and sometimes events.
- Side-Column Homepage ad, $600 (a fab space for marketing, they read like a print ad!) This is a long banner ad on our home page, max 30 words, plus up to 4 JPG images in a Flash banner, and it stays up for 1 month.
- Dedicated Emails, $1500 (These are All About You, and are sent out independently of the regular weekly Picks, on Tuesdays.) These include max 200 words, plus 2-4 JPG images.
2011 Special Section Ad Rates & Dates:
These include approximately 75 words and 1 JPG image at 150 x 150 pixels.
- Wedding Planner/Gift Guide, $400: Friday, April 1
- Holiday Gift Guide, $400: Friday, December 2
2011 Exclusive Issue Ad Rates & Dates:
These include approximately 50 words and 1 JPG image at 150 x 150 pixels.
- Treat Yourself Right, Jan. 7, $250: featuring spas, salons, fitness studios, estheticians, massage, personal growth, nutrition, pampering, acupuncture, etc.
- Mommy Guide, March 11, $199: featuring products & services for parents and/or children, including fun ways to "take a vacation" from the kids like dining out, pampering or hotel/travel ideas.
- Labor Day Sales Spectacular, Tuesday, Aug. 30, $199*: A listing of Labor Day sales around town. (*This guide is 35 words + 1 JPG image)
- Green Guide, Oct. 14, $250: A great way to promote what’s green about your business, your green products, or green services.
Exclusive Issues are a great way to promote your business in an effective, punchy and inexpensive manner. These sections are often integrated into the weekly Picks.
- Ad Requirements
- Fill out the form below
- One to two JPGs or GIF images, 150 x 150 pixels, 72 dpi
- Two or three paragraphs of information/key points
- Contact information, name, address, phone, email, Web address
- Lead Time: 2 weeks preferred
Please email us with any questions and to inquire about deadline info: