||December 12th, 2006
Don’t Miss the Mississippi Holiday Social!
Thursday, Dec. 14, from 6-9 pm,
Shop for the holidays on Mississippi Avenue! From upscale dresses to indie-chic togs, stylish menswear, fab home finds, cool kids’ boutiques and specialty gift shops, Mississippi has something for everyone.
While you’re out & about, enjoy Mississippi’s wonderful restaurants, swanky bars, and cozy coffee shops. Stores are open til 9 pm for late-night shopping as you enjoy food & drinks, artists, music & entertainment! Here are some highlights—check websites or call for specifics:
- Same Underneath: Sameunderneath’s stylish collection made of bamboo blends for individuals who are aware of their personal effect on this planet. www.sameunderneath.com
- Sunlan: Give the gift of sunshine to your reader, colored bulbs for the adventurous, or year-round sun with affordable full-spectrum lights!
- Por Que No: Enjoy complimentary Portland Sunshine & Pomegranate Margaritas.
- Blue: Check out the Plastic Pony Art & Crafts Show by Allyson Bennett from 7-9 pm with music, snacks, drinks & lots of great gifts! 503.542.0888
- Salty’s: Salty's has gifts for pets and their people. Receive 20% off toys, treats, collars, clothes, and beds at the Social!
- Phlox: Enjoy the intriguing art of Karen Carmona while browsing fabulous holiday fashions—and Phlox has gorgeous frocks for any occasion. www.phloxpdx.com
- Gypsy Chic: Find your inner urban-hippie + enjoy treats from Pasta Bangs as DJ Mr. MuMu mixes music. Fulfill gift lists with 15% off everything! www.gypsychiconline.com
- Pasta Bangs: Enjoy fresh pasta, big salads, cocktails and a new expanded menu. Happy hour 5-6 pm and 11 pm-midnight. Open late every day! www.pastabangs.com
- Flutter: Do a little holiday shopping while enjoying a glass of champagne, Flutter’s signature pink donuts and an evening of cabaret. www.flutterclutter.com
- Mississippi Pizza: Live music 7 nights a week & flat-out great pizza make this perfect for family events and grown-up outings.
- Black Wagon: Rock with world-famous tape-deck DJ reel to reel, & enjoy an art opening by photographer Krista Baugham and a trunk show of Snuggle Bug Baby. www.Blackwagon.com, 503.916.0000
- Hovel and Portland Pink present: Party at Hovel’s Holiday Hoopla with treats, music and gift-wrapping, and jewelry, paper goods, collage and photography from local artists. 503.280.6211
- Porch Light: Be transported to another time and place with rustic, primitive furniture and furnishings, as well as gifts galore. (Check out their amazingly lovely jewelry!)
- Pin Me: Give the gift of individual style! Find adorable options from local & international brands, apparel in a variety of prices ranges & sizes. So cute!
- Lorenzo’s Pasta: Well-priced, delicious homemade pasta & authentic Italian fare in a casual setting. Just right for relaxing!
- Belle Epoque Salon: Stop by for a holiday updo demonstration at 7:30), and get a big discount on products, hair tools and gift certificates (for waxing, too)!
- The Fresh Pot: Grab some Stumptown drinks & beans while shopping on the block. Gift certificates are available! www.thefreshpot.com. 503.284.8928
- The Meadow: Find gourmet sea salts, artisanal chocolates, hard-to-find wines, a full-service florist, and fine art from established local artists. www.atthemeadow.com
- Duchess & Memoir: Treat yourself to vintage style with their incredible holiday cards & tags, socks galore & great new party dresses!
- Equinox: Tempting cuisines of the world combine for an original, elegant and gracious dining experience. www.equinoxrestaurantpdx.com
- Pistils Nursery: A bucolic experience to evoke nostalgia for your farming days. Amazing array of plants and gifts!
- Muddy’s: The best French Toast on the planet, plus sandwiches & other fare, in an unpretentious setting.
- Facials and Waxing by Jane Cowan: Give gift certificates for a certified esthetician, specializing in facials, microdermabrasion and waxing.
- Moloko Plus: Also known as the XXX bar, you can slide into a sexy pose, enjoy a cocktail and soak up the atmosphere. East Indian music on Second Thursday!
Log onto www.portlandpicks.com
and check out past newsletters (archives). If you like what you see, forward
to a friend and encourage them to log onto www.portlandpicks.com
and become a free subscriber.
If you would like to subscribe or contribute, please email us at Contribute@PortlandPicks.com
Please share your favorite picks, announce a sample sale, refer a friend,
subscribe, or let us know what you think.
Website and Newsletter maintained by Studio Ridge.com
Help or Report problems